MVC DEPARTMENT OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
The Mountain View College (MVC) Department of Intercollegiate Athletics supports and complements the educational vision of the institution and believes in the holistic development of our student-athletes so that they may have the best opportunity to excel both on the field and in the classroom. MVC will prepare student-athletes with skill-sets that allow them to transition into young professionals who succeed in their careers, are outstanding citizens, and are leaders in their communities. It is the overall mission of the MVC Athletics Department to ensure student success by fostering an environment that is supportive of the College, DCCCD and NJCAA operating principles.
To fulfill the mission, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will operate under the following guiding principles:
1. Provide an environment to promote and enhance the emotional well-being and the social development of our student-athletes.
2. Provide an environment that is committed to fair and equitable treatment of both male and female student-athletes, as well as staff members.
3. Promote sensitivity to diversity issues for all student-athletes and staff in accordance with DCCCD principles, MVC, NJCAA and Dallas Athletic Conference (DAC) policies.
4. Develop and maintain a highly competitive and sound athletics program, reaching a standard of success in athletics consistent with the mission of the college.
5. Comply with and follow the principle of institutional control in operating our athletic program in a manner that is consistent with the letter and spirit of the NJCAA, DCCCD, DAC, and MVC rules and regulations.
6. The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics expects student-athletes, coaches and all others associated with intercollegiate athletics to embrace the principles of sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
The Mountain View College (MVC) Department of Intercollegiate Athletics vision is to become an exemplary program focusing on academic excellence and competitive success. MVC Department of Intercollegiate Athletics envisions a program of character, integrity and respect within intercollegiate athletics, while becoming a leading marketing tool for the college. MVC Department of Intercollegiate Athletics aspires to perform at the highest level of competition while also graduating our student-athletes and preparing them to become future leaders.
The following values will guide the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics conduct, performance and decision making.
1. Personal and professional integrity
2. Community outreach and service
3. Education and personal development of student-athletes
4. Operational efficiency and effectiveness
STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND GENDER EQUITY
MVC Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity, gender equity and inclusion. MVC will provide equal opportunities and an educational and work environment for its student-athletes, coaches and staff free from any discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.